Friday, March 26, 2010

Yummy, yummy Kale Salad -- all RAW!

A week or two ago I signed up for The Daily Raw Inspiration email. I have to admit I haven't paid much attention to the once a day emails until today. The title, Kale Salad Recipe Music Video, was just too tempting to ignore, so I checked it out!

The video is only 3 minutes long, it's set to cool music, and it's nicely edited! Plus you get to see a family of young kids prepare and, most importantly, EAT the greens!

We already had all the ingredients on hand, so I tried this for lunch. I didn't measure anything, I just dumped in what felt right after watching the video. Hey, I figured if the little 9 year old boy in the video could do it without measuring, so could I!!

Here's what I used: locally grown kale--chopped, Bragg's raw apple cider vinegar, pink Himalayan sea salt, olive oil, Nutiva shelled hempseeds, cumin powder, nutritional yeast. When I had it all tossed up, I tasted it and added a little more vinegar, salt, and nutritional yeast.

It was delicious! My 2yo DS even ate about 1/2 a cup full of the kale salad, and he doesn't normally eat ANYTHING green! Yay!

I ate a Corelle pasta dish full of the salad, and thought about making something else to go with it, but I'm glad I didn't. It was surprisingly filling!

I think we'll have the leftovers tonight as a side salad with dinner so DH can try it, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment