Monday, March 15, 2010

Collard Smoothies!

On Saturday, I scored a HUGE bag of locally grown collards at the Carrboro Farmer's Market for $2! Woo hoo! On Monday, I decided to have a collard green smoothie for breakfast.

It went something like this:
*2-3 bananas
*raw cacao nibs
*raw chia seeds
*4-5 collard green leaves (washed and de-stemed)
*1 cup frozen blueberries
*organic raw hempseeds
*water and ice

I was unsure how it would turn out, but it ended up being quite delicious! DH and I both enjoyed it!

Today, I made another one that was okay. I have to admit that Monday's recipe was better though.

Today I did:
*1 banana
*5-6 collard green leaves (washed and de-stemed)
*1/2-1 cup frozen blueberries
*whole organic quartered apple
*chia seeds
*raw cacao nibs
*water and ice

It wasn't bad. It just wasn't as palatable as Monday's.

Now I'm just wondering what to do with all those other collards! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment